1 a soft oily clay used as a pigment (especially a reddish brown pigment)
2 the main stem of a tree; usually covered with bark; the bole is usually the part that is commercially useful for lumber [syn: trunk, tree trunk]
3 a Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria and closely related to Hausa [syn: Bolanci]
- Rhymes: -əʊl
Bole may refer to:
- A hearth where lead was smelted on a Bole hill;
- Bole District, Ghana;
- Bole, Ghana, town;
- Bole, Nottinghamshire, England;
- Bole, Ethiopia;
- Bole, Slovenian programmer and hex master;
- Bole, Xinjiang, China;
- bole (unit), a unit of momentum;
- bole (botany), that part of the trunk of a tree beneath the point where branching commences.
- bole (color), the color of a tree trunk.
- BOLE, the New York State Board of Law Examiners.
bole in French: Bole
bole in German: Bole
anthrophore, axis, barrel, cane, carpophore, cask, caudex, caulicle, caulis, column, culm, cylinder, cylindroid, drum, footstalk, funicule, funiculus, haulm, leafstalk, pedicel, peduncle, petiole, petiolule, petiolus, pillar, pipe, reed, roll, roller, rouleau, seedstalk, spear, spire, stalk, stem, stipe, stock, straw, tigella, trunk, tube